Version 9 for Windows - features and enhancements
Licensing of Version 9 for Windows includes any and all new features, enhancements and bug
fixes developed during its life cycle. The key will remain valid indefinitely for this specific version. However the
development of Version 9 will be concluded upon the next major release.
- For this update, we created an all-new SoftwarePassport interface that replaces the previous SoftwarePassport and Armadillo Classic ones. The Armadillo engine still handles protections, but it no longer has its own separate interface. Combining the interfaces allows us to focus our efforts on providing the best user experience, since we no longer have to maintain two separate but very similar products.
- The new version is backwards compatible with your existing projects. Options may have been relocated, but their functionality remains the same as in previous versions.
- Additional protections are enabled by default for all programs that you protect with the new version.
- This update greatly increases the protection speed for custom builds.
- And many more...
- To make it easier to work with wide-character usernames, we have added 10 new wide-character functions for CodeGen.dll.
- There is a possible breaking change associated with the latest DLL. Your code that uses CodeGen.dll functions may require minor modifications to enable it to compile with the new DLL.
- There is a new environment variable, SERVEREXPIRED, for detecting when a client in Client/Server Network Licensing has expired.
- To make it easier to see which users are logged in, the license server for client/server licensing now shows the client computer name when listing access requests.
- Client systems in Client/Server Network Licensing will now report expiration based on the server's expiration data, which enables the "Don't show message, just set EXPIRED" option to work with those clients.
- Protected programs will now write a user log that developers can use to troubleshoot problems with key installations. To enable developers to locate the user log, we have added a new miscellaneous ArmAccess function called UserLog.
- The "Unprotect File" command now restores all files set up to be protected in the project, instead of just the primary one. This enhancement saves developers the work of having to manually rename secondary protected files to restore them to an unprotected state.
- This update allows Armadillo to accept API interceptions from DLLs used in the Windows Logo certification program.
- We made some backup key enhancements to improve UAC compatibility on Vista and newer versions of Windows.
- We made some changes to help protected programs meet a specific requirement ("Adhere to Restart Manager messages") for submission to Microsoft Windows Quality Online Services (Winqual).
- For more details and the latest updates, please see the complete v9.x Revision History.
Updates / Downloads